Game of Thrones won the Emmy for Costuming which made me want to analyze the episodes by costume again. I could start with the first season during hiatus. So tempting. But for now, the red carpet:
Bond, Jaime Bond.
I don’t know why Gwen Stefani was at the Emmys but lucky she was cuz the TV peeps did not bring the heroine chic this year. But this –
– this is some superheroine realness. Read the rest of this entry »
I’m starting with Princess because superheroines were scarce this Emmys, at least fashion-wise. And also because this was so easy to choose:
Actual Disney Princess Claire Danes. Plus:
She has an Actual Disney Prince.
It’s that time again! Project Runway Lucky Season 13 premiered last night and here are the most heroine chic looks from the episode:
OH HAI, Avengers dress! Srsly, that is the FIRST thing that crossed my mind when it appeared. Kate Bishop would rock this so hard and frankly I want someone to draw that.
Then we have the battle of the jumpsuits: Read the rest of this entry »
The EW Avengers pics were everywhere within seconds of their appearance online, and loads of fun to analyze. But this one is my favourite:
First of all, the whole thing looks like what you would find at a high end SPIRIT HALLOWEEN store circa the second week in September, which is perfect because they are costumes that are also costumes and there is just something so delicious about the meta-meta.
But when we break it down it gets even better:
- Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor are colorful; Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury favor black with dark accents; Hulk has purple shorts
- Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye have hard padded shoulders; Black Widow and Fury have soft padded shoulders; Thor has bare shoulders and Hulk has purple shorts
- Hulk has purple shorts! So cheeky.
- Captain America has that crazy cute Avengers insignia on his shoulder, do we think anyone else has one somewhere we can’t see in this picture?
- Does Fury have two identical outfits or is one Hawkeye’s because he has two outfits? Because I can TOTALLY see Clint requesting two (or more?) hangers-ful of Avengers provided superhero clothes.
- I am in love with Thor’s cape. Also Thor.
- Hawkeye’s shoulder protector looks like something I wore when I roller bladed which just makes me like it more.
- Black Widow’s piping makes me happy .
- Seriously does Hawkeye have more hangers/clothes? I want this to be true. Hawkeye ALSO had the most amazing look in the living room pic:
Like, Rhodey and Tony are vying for Most Stylish (Rhodey wins by virtue of being Rhodey) and Steve is so Steve in his super simple American Blue Button Down but I LOVE Clint’s “Yes, I’m wearing plaid and leather and I can’t sit like a normal human being because obviously I am the superhero Avenger Hawkeye!” How can anyone not LOVE it? He is probably my least favourite MCU Avenger and yet I am SO DOWN WITH THIS it has incited capslock.
So yeah, I would be really pleased and not at all surprised if Clint had more than one super suit and that will be my personal headcanon until proven otherwise.
I mean, when I think about it, I would expect more dramatic or costumey fashion from the Tony Awards right? But not really, they’re pretty staid. So Adriane here stands out. Though that hat would stand out anywhere.