The EW Avengers pics were everywhere within seconds of their appearance online, and loads of fun to analyze. But this one is my favourite:
First of all, the whole thing looks like what you would find at a high end SPIRIT HALLOWEEN store circa the second week in September, which is perfect because they are costumes that are also costumes and there is just something so delicious about the meta-meta.
But when we break it down it gets even better:
- Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor are colorful; Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury favor black with dark accents; Hulk has purple shorts
- Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye have hard padded shoulders; Black Widow and Fury have soft padded shoulders; Thor has bare shoulders and Hulk has purple shorts
- Hulk has purple shorts! So cheeky.
- Captain America has that crazy cute Avengers insignia on his shoulder, do we think anyone else has one somewhere we can’t see in this picture?
- Does Fury have two identical outfits or is one Hawkeye’s because he has two outfits? Because I can TOTALLY see Clint requesting two (or more?) hangers-ful of Avengers provided superhero clothes.
- I am in love with Thor’s cape. Also Thor.
- Hawkeye’s shoulder protector looks like something I wore when I roller bladed which just makes me like it more.
- Black Widow’s piping makes me happy .
- Seriously does Hawkeye have more hangers/clothes? I want this to be true. Hawkeye ALSO had the most amazing look in the living room pic:
Like, Rhodey and Tony are vying for Most Stylish (Rhodey wins by virtue of being Rhodey) and Steve is so Steve in his super simple American Blue Button Down but I LOVE Clint’s “Yes, I’m wearing plaid and leather and I can’t sit like a normal human being because obviously I am the superhero Avenger Hawkeye!” How can anyone not LOVE it? He is probably my least favourite MCU Avenger and yet I am SO DOWN WITH THIS it has incited capslock.
So yeah, I would be really pleased and not at all surprised if Clint had more than one super suit and that will be my personal headcanon until proven otherwise.
Naomi Watts has been out of the spotlight the past year or so, but she decided to come back with a BANG. She has at least 5 films coming out this year, she just scored her second Oscar Nomination, and she showed up to the People’s Choice Awards in sparkling gold heroine chic:
And then, to secure her title as Superheroine of the Night, she presented the award to Tony Stark himself.
In my quest for heroine chic at the Oscars I found all these ADORABLE pictures. Let’s play a game (that is actually, yes, totally an excuse to post these adorable pictures)! Best caption will win a prize (superhero themes DO get more points) —>
Is it me or is everyone in a superhero movie? I mean, not really, but as I collected images for last weekend’s Critics Choice and Golden Globes Awards Shows I noticed there were a LOT of superhero actors in the crowd.
Best Supporting Actor Christian Bale won big this weekend, and this awards season so far; his turn in The Fighter is the clear front-runner for the Oscar. As for his style … well, he remains one of the very prettiest actors out there (those flowing locks could be insured I bet). But Bruce Wayne it isn’t. When does The Dark Knight Rises start filming?
As I’m sure you’ve heard, ladies and gentleman, your Avengers:
I could babble about my excitement (of which there is LOTS) or my concerns (of which there are MANY) but instead let’s talk fashion.
I did not know much about Avengers Academy when I got this tweet. Intrigued, I looked up the preview and found this panel:
Oh. My. God. I love Ms. Marvel. She’s my avatar on Twitter.
And the best thing is — she looks like me, too: