The EW Avengers pics were everywhere within seconds of their appearance online, and loads of fun to analyze. But this one is my favourite:
First of all, the whole thing looks like what you would find at a high end SPIRIT HALLOWEEN store circa the second week in September, which is perfect because they are costumes that are also costumes and there is just something so delicious about the meta-meta.
But when we break it down it gets even better:
- Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor are colorful; Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury favor black with dark accents; Hulk has purple shorts
- Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye have hard padded shoulders; Black Widow and Fury have soft padded shoulders; Thor has bare shoulders and Hulk has purple shorts
- Hulk has purple shorts! So cheeky.
- Captain America has that crazy cute Avengers insignia on his shoulder, do we think anyone else has one somewhere we can’t see in this picture?
- Does Fury have two identical outfits or is one Hawkeye’s because he has two outfits? Because I can TOTALLY see Clint requesting two (or more?) hangers-ful of Avengers provided superhero clothes.
- I am in love with Thor’s cape. Also Thor.
- Hawkeye’s shoulder protector looks like something I wore when I roller bladed which just makes me like it more.
- Black Widow’s piping makes me happy .
- Seriously does Hawkeye have more hangers/clothes? I want this to be true. Hawkeye ALSO had the most amazing look in the living room pic:
Like, Rhodey and Tony are vying for Most Stylish (Rhodey wins by virtue of being Rhodey) and Steve is so Steve in his super simple American Blue Button Down but I LOVE Clint’s “Yes, I’m wearing plaid and leather and I can’t sit like a normal human being because obviously I am the superhero Avenger Hawkeye!” How can anyone not LOVE it? He is probably my least favourite MCU Avenger and yet I am SO DOWN WITH THIS it has incited capslock.
So yeah, I would be really pleased and not at all surprised if Clint had more than one super suit and that will be my personal headcanon until proven otherwise.
I really enjoyed Captain America: The First Avenger. I have to say that first. But it was the teaser trailer for The Avengers after the credits that inspired this post and the project it introduces. And specifically my reaction to that teaser trailer, which cam be summed up as:
“OMG NATASHA’S HAIR IS SO MUCH BETTER!”
You have to understand that I adore Natasha Romanova. See: