The EW Avengers pics were everywhere within seconds of their appearance online, and loads of fun to analyze. But this one is my favourite:
First of all, the whole thing looks like what you would find at a high end SPIRIT HALLOWEEN store circa the second week in September, which is perfect because they are costumes that are also costumes and there is just something so delicious about the meta-meta.
But when we break it down it gets even better:
- Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor are colorful; Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Fury favor black with dark accents; Hulk has purple shorts
- Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye have hard padded shoulders; Black Widow and Fury have soft padded shoulders; Thor has bare shoulders and Hulk has purple shorts
- Hulk has purple shorts! So cheeky.
- Captain America has that crazy cute Avengers insignia on his shoulder, do we think anyone else has one somewhere we can’t see in this picture?
- Does Fury have two identical outfits or is one Hawkeye’s because he has two outfits? Because I can TOTALLY see Clint requesting two (or more?) hangers-ful of Avengers provided superhero clothes.
- I am in love with Thor’s cape. Also Thor.
- Hawkeye’s shoulder protector looks like something I wore when I roller bladed which just makes me like it more.
- Black Widow’s piping makes me happy .
- Seriously does Hawkeye have more hangers/clothes? I want this to be true. Hawkeye ALSO had the most amazing look in the living room pic:
Like, Rhodey and Tony are vying for Most Stylish (Rhodey wins by virtue of being Rhodey) and Steve is so Steve in his super simple American Blue Button Down but I LOVE Clint’s “Yes, I’m wearing plaid and leather and I can’t sit like a normal human being because obviously I am the superhero Avenger Hawkeye!” How can anyone not LOVE it? He is probably my least favourite MCU Avenger and yet I am SO DOWN WITH THIS it has incited capslock.
So yeah, I would be really pleased and not at all surprised if Clint had more than one super suit and that will be my personal headcanon until proven otherwise.
For day two of Avengers Week I am dressed as IRON MAN. And so is the rest of my family. My husband is wearing a glow-in-the-dark arc reactor t-shirt under his button down, my older daughter is wearing a red-and-gold Rock N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith t-shirt from Hollywood Studios because I said “If Iron Man was a girl, and she designed a t-shirt for the Rock N Roller Coaster, it would be that.” when she bought it, and my younger daughter is wearing yellow, red, and a crystal.
If I can get them to pose, I’ll update with pics. For now, Here’s me:
The red sundress is from Old Navy and it was paired with a (different) gold belt when I saw it on the mannequin so while this is something I already own, it was purchased with RTW Superhero in mind.
It was not an Oscars for heroine chic. Watching E’s and then ABC’s Red Carpet, at 8PM I had but one passable contender for SotN and it was J-Lo. J-Lo! But then Gwyneth arrived and saved the night exactly as a fashion superheroine should:
With a cape.
Kryptonian? Themysciran? Alderaanian? Does it matter? Read the rest of this entry »
As costume controversy has swirled around recent redesigns and movie revelations, I’ve said a few time that if it were up to me and realism all superheroes would wear uniforms, like the military. And I’d like to clarify that a little. I would hope it is very clear that I L-O-V-E-LOVE superhero and comic book fashion. This blog should be proof of that, right? So what am I talking about calling for “uniforms”, right?